Each year, the National Organization of Parents of Blind Children (NOPBC) hosts an annual conference within the National Federation of the Blind’s Annual Convention. Federation members and friends of all ages will gather to learn and share, reconnect with old friends, and form new friendships. The NOPBC annual conference includes many sessions and workshops on a wide variety of interesting topics.
We’re Gathering Together In Person – Please Join Us!
The 2022 NOPBC Conference will be held in-person in New Orleans, LA, July 5-10, 2022, in conjunction with the Annual Convention of the National Federation of the Blind. The theme of our conference is: Sharing Our CORE Values: Creating Opportunities; Raising Expectations.
The 2022 NOPBC Annual Conference includes:
- Workshops – we hold concurrent sessions that address the needs of blind and low-vision children at different ages and with additional disabilities. This year, topics include: CVI (cortical/cerebral visual impairment); Technology; Tactile graphics; Advocacy; Remote instruction; Independent and self-directed movement and travel, and Transition, including financial planning
- Youth Track – Youth Track is open to all blind and low vision students, children of blind adults, and sighted siblings aged 11-18. Pre-registration is required. Check out 2022 Youth Track Agenda.
- Family Game Night – A great gathering of playing new or family favorite accessible games.
- Megan Bening Memorial Fund Technology Giveaway – In loving memory of Megan Bening, the Megan Bening Memorial Fund Technology Giveaway will take place before our Annual Meeting. To be eligible for the drawing, the blind child must be 1) 21 or younger, 2) registered for the NOPBC conference, 3) have a parent/guardian who is registered for the NOPBC conference. Each eligible child will receive 3 tickets for a chance to win. Thousands of dollars of technology will be given away; check them out here: 2022 MBMF Technology Giveaway List !
- Exhibitor Open House – Learn the latest on technology and other organizational resources
- NOPBC Annual Meeting – Kid Panel; Parent Power; Business meeting; Elections, and more.
- Braille Book Fair -- Browse tables of new and used Braille and print/Braille books. Volunteers will box your books and deliver them to the post office for Free Matter shipment to your home. Books are free, and donations are encouraged to help support our Braille programs.
- IEP Workshops
Please contact NOPBC president Carlton Walker at NOPBCpres@gmail.com with any questions or for information about how to register without using PayPal.
Until June 30: $30 per person, or $50 per family.
- Single registration includes NOPBC membership through December 31, 2022
- Single registration includes one annual subscription for Freedom Scientific software (JAWS, Fusion, or ZoomText)
- Family registration includes two memberships and two software subscriptions
After June 30, including onsite registration: $33 per person