Who Can Join the NOPBC?
Parents, relatives, educators, blind adults, and others interested in promoting opportunities for blind children may join. Local parent support groups are also invited to affiliate with the NOPBC. Although membership is open to non-parents, the control and focus of NOPBC remains with parents.
Membership in the NOPBC runs from July 1 through June 30 no matter when an individual joins.
The Twig Membership
Alexander Pope wrote, “As the twig is bent, so is the tree inclined.” These words are the inspiration behind the title of the “Twig Award,” which we bestow to honor those whose work has influenced the direction in which our children grow.
The Board of the National Organization of Parents of Blind Children (NOPBC), a proud division of the National Federation of the Blind, has established a new membership tier: Twig membership. This new membership tier is named after our “Twig Award.”
NOPBC Twig membership fee is $12. Benefits of Twig membership include:
- Monthly NOPBC E-Newsletter
- This is the inaugural issue of our new monthly newsletter.
- Free Freedom Scientific Software
- Freedom Scientific will provide each NOPBC Twig member a free annual home license for JAWS, Fusion, or Zoomtext. This free license (worth $80-160, depending on software chosen) is exclusive to NOPBC Twig members. You will receive a link for access to the software shortly after your Twig membership is verified.
- Please note that the free software license is only available tp individuals in the United States.
- Early Access to NOPBC Resources
- NOPBC Twig members will receive announcements and new resources before they are released to the general public.
Please note that annual NOPBC membership, both regular and Twig, runs from July 1 through June 30, regardless of when the annual dues are paid.
National Organization of Parents of Blind Children also offers regular membership for dues of $1.00 per person per year that does not include the benefits mentioned above.
To join print out the following information and send it with a check or money order for dues made payable to NOPBC to:
National Organization of Parents of Blind Children
200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21230
Name of child*
Child's Birth Date